Bless my sister, who introduced me to the concept of Podcasts for KIDS! She also, by the way, introduced me to my favorite podcasts for Moms! (See that list here!)
6 Podcasts for Families and Kids
- But Why: A Podcast For Curious Kids – These podcasts are around twenty minutes long and cover interesting topics to kids, such as “Why don’t bicycles fall over? How do popcorn kernels pop? Do bumblebees have hearts?” And other questions that your kids have probably actually asked you! (Or similar!)
- Tumble Science Podcast For Kids – Similar idea as above, maybe more imaginative topics…exploring black holes, parasites, germs, and more. Maybe don’t listen to the one on “robot vomit” while you’re eating dinner. I would recommend this for kids who are older elementary age, just because the language and tone has an “older” feel.
- Brains On! Science for Kids – We listened to the episode about how elevators are made, and I was very impressed! History, physics, and my kids were listening the whole time.
- The Official Adventures In Odyssey Podcast! – Hello, Christian kids of the 80s. LOL. This podcast is mostly “behind the scenes” stuff for fans, BUT there are a few FREE EPISODES sprinkled throughout. My boys love these stories, and they have excellent positive messages.
- Stories Podcast For Children – wholesome, a few classics, good for all ages.
- Sesame Street Podcast – Yes, there is such a thing! Disclaimer that I have not listened to any of these episodes. Nor do I plan to. ha! But I would imagine it’s thoroughly wholesome. These episodes are super short.
So, there you have it! As I mentioned in my Instagram post, I’ve used these at meals when we all need a little distraction and stimulating conversation, and I’m plum out of material. I’m sure none of you know that feeling at all.
ps. I got this bluetooth speaker for my husband for Father’s Day, and we totally swipe it all the time during the day. Works great!
So, how about you, readers? Any podcasts for kids you enjoy?
Follow "Smartter" Each Day on Facebook!
Follow "Smartter" Each Day on Twitter!
Follow Jessica on Instagram!