Check out my NEWLY LIVE series: 31 Inspirational Women You Should Meet! Maybe you know them? Or someone like them?
Podcasts have been such a gift to me as a mom! These are the headphones I use. I love them!
I listen to them while doing dishes, doing The Nightly Cleaning Lap (you know), painting or crafting, folding laundry, driving…basically any and all of the Mom Tasks that do not involve children!
They have added so much to my life.
- I learn TONS.
- If I’m home alone, I don’t feel lonely or bored
- I am reminded I’m not alone in my particular struggles
- I am inspired to be a better mom, wife, teacher, friend, blogger…
- I laugh! and make friends with famous people. (More or less)
Searching for a good podcast is like trying to find a book at the library. OVERWHELMING!
Here are the ones I have loved so far.
- EntreLeadership Podcast – This was one of the first podcasts I ever listened to, I think recommended by Crystal Paine or someone else very successful. So, it definitely has a “corporate” kind of feel to it at first. And definitely the most applications I get from it are for my business (this blog). In fact, one particular episode was the entire reason I had my site TOTALLY redesigned. I spent months hashing out what I learned there! So this podcast would be best for someone who runs a business or has dreams of running a business. At the same time there is so much LIFE STUFF here. I constantly think, “Oh, my dad/sister/husband/pastor etc would like this episode.” It is just positive, ambitious, be-the-person-you-want-to-be, discipline, inspirational talk. It’s put on by the Dave Ramsey Institute – I love Dave!
- Sorta Awesome by Megan Tietz. I love Megan’s voice, her cheerful, upbeat personality, and learning of all kinds of “awesome” in the world! She has interesting guests and discusses travel, motherhood, personality, friendship, and all SORTS of other randomness. It’s a lovely, upbeat podcast to listen to.
- The Simple Show – I think this is my current favorite. I like to think that Tsh and I maybe have similar personalities 🙂 I love how direct and purposeful her podcasts are. I get frustrated if I listen to a podcast that’s annoyingly chatty and feels like a total waste of time. Tsh is not that! She is definitely friendly and warm, but always gets back to the (interesting and helpful) point. (said the ESTJ. ha!). She has a ton of fascinating guests. I listened to the entire four-part series that she and Stephanie Langford did where they shared how they took their families of little children all across the world for an entire year. It was fascinating! Tsh is just excellent at life, I feel like, and this podcast, well it’s excellent too.
- The Happy Hour With Jamie Ivy. Jamie is a close friend of Jen Hatmaker, and they have a similar fun, trendy, comical feel. Jamie always chats with a friend, and says it’s like a happy hour with your girlfriends. 🙂 I don’t necessarily listen to this one if I’m wanting to LEARN a bunch or be inspired. It’s chatty and fun. (Though I do learn a lot, and I am inspired! Some of her guests are absolutely inspirational!)
- The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast – I have learned so much from this podcast by Pam Barnhill. Mostly I learned that I am not alone! She always interviews a guest about their homeschool life. It is
- Homeschool Solutions Podcast – This is another by Pam Barnhill, I think my favorite of hers. These podcasts get to the real heart of some homeschooling issues – discouragement, curriculum overwhelm, scheduling, and more. Very, very helpful if you homeschool!
- Inspired to Action by Kat Lee – Kat Lee has the best guests! Inspired To Action features really interesting and inspirational authors, moms, writters, and bloggers. I learn a lot, but also enjoy hearing the real voices behind some of my favorite writers. (side note: I also love love her old podcast, “How They Blog.” If you’re interested in growing your blog, totally worth a listen).
- Cultivating the Lovely with MacKenzie Monroe – I am going to give MacKenzie Monroe the award for the cutest podcasting voice. She’s just the cutest! There aren’t tons of episodes yet for MacKenzie’s podcasts, but I have learned something worthwhile from every one I’ve heard. And it’s just pleasant to listen to!
- Read Aloud Revival by Sarah McKenzie. When I realized this podcast was entirely about reading aloud to children, I thought, “That’s IT? Isn’t she going to run out of things to say?” And also, “Will I be bored??” The answers here are no and no. I’m surprised by how much I love this podcast. I’m surprised at the breadth and depth of topics covered. I’m surprised how truly inspired I am, not just to read to my kids more (which we all know we should do) but to be the mom I want to be. This show is a gem! And not just for homeschool moms.
- At Home With Sally – I’ve heard Sally Clarkson speak several times, and if you have, too, you know what I mean when I say she is warmly encouraging to young moms. Her podcast (which she co-hosts with her sweet friend, Kristen) is just more of the same, more of Sally. I listen to At Home With Sally when I need a gentle, kind encouragement to parent well. That is a mood, you know. 🙂
Did I name your fav? What do you love to listen to?
Follow "Smartter" Each Day on Facebook!
Follow "Smartter" Each Day on Twitter!
Follow Jessica on Instagram!